Donate to help us to keep the Hurtwood open for everyone to enjoy
Visit the Hurtwood! You can walk, ride or cycle on miles of Bridleways and Footpaths
The Hurtwood can be a great location for an event. However you MUST request permission to run any event on the Hurtwood – more details here
The Hurtwood is over 2,000 acres of privately owned Common land in the Surrey Hills
Friends of the Hurtwood, registered charity No. 200053, has the responsibility to raise the funding required to manage public access and protect the Hurtwood environment
“Plant a tree for the Jubilee”
Queen’s Green Canopy
This campaign has now ended but you can still read about it Here
We are A UK Registered Charity managing public access to the Hurtwood for all
A donation to Friends helps to
- Employ a full time Ranger.
- Manage 30 miles of registered footpaths and bridleways, 30 miles of unofficial tracks, firebreaks and 14 car parks, which together provide unrivalled access to the Hurtwood’s heath and hills
- Create and preserve wildlife habitats, and other conservation projects.
- Maintain panoramic views from the Hurtwood hills
- Clear and prevent litter and fly tipping.
- Protect three scheduled monuments including the Holmbury Hill Iron Age Hill Fort.
- Encourage children to treasure the countryside.
Protect and conserve the Hurtwood, so that everyone can enjoy its freedom and beauty
Not ready to donate? Keep in touch – Subscribe to our Newsletter
If you are not a Member of Friends of the Hurtwood but would like to receive our twice yearly Newsletter please complete the form. Your data is safe – we don’t share this information.